Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
andreww
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew Willy

Restore does not complete

Post by andreww »

I am evaluating Veeam B & R.

We are unable to restore a virtual machine to VSphere (ESXi 4.) The backup process seems to work well.

When attemping a restore of a 30 GB Windows System with the VSS option enabled, the process reaches %100 and stops there. Elapsed time continues to grow. I have a restore running now at %100 for 15 minutes and have had others go longer before I finally canceled them. I wonder if it isn't the registration process that is hanging somehow since the VMDK seems to be on the VMFS volume.

Suggestions are appreciated. We are doing network backup/restore.

Andrew
andreww
Novice

Re: Restore does not complete

Post by andreww »

Ah, I failed to read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" before I posted this support question - sorry about that. I assumed the community forum would be the appropriate place for someone who hasn't purchased support.
andreww
Novice

Post by andreww »

I can't seem to find a restore log, either, or even the equivilant of the real time stastisics from the backup process.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Andrew, we do offer assistance during your official evaluation period, so please feel free to contact our support for help. Please forward all logs from Help | Support information to support@veeam.com, we should be able to see from those what was happening during those 15 minutes.

Indeed sounds like some issue with final steps like registration, however we have timeouts for every operation, so I am confused how this operation can take so long without being interrupted forcedly by restore engine.