Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
haddenmart
Novice
Liked: 1 time

More Variety in Setting Backup Interval

Post by haddenmart » 1 person likes this post

Need to have the ability to use an interval greater than daily to perform backup.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: More Variety in Setting Backup Interval

Post by Vitaliy S. »

How often do you want to backup your endpoints? On weekly, monthly basis?
haddenmart
Novice

Post by haddenmart »

a monthly backup would be sufficient for most workstations as files are saved to other locations that are already being backed up.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

On top of that, I actually would like to have the possibility to set it 3 times a day. Once before I start working, once during lunch and once in the evening after work. I know I sometimes will still work at that time, but still, a few more scheduling options would be nice
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Mike, how about "at lock" with 3 hours threshold then? Because I know some of your days last for 20 hours or more... so the schedule you are proposing will result in some serious RPO issues on certain days ;)

If you think more about the current scheduler, it has very powerful capabilities out of box without turning this product into CommplexityVault. And while you can always come up with some absurd scenario when the current scheduling will not give sufficient precision and/or will not match the desired behavior close enough, it's not a big loss. Apple users have quite adapted to the fact that they only have one button on iPhone or mouse (not 3), likewise I am fine with limited selection of screen lock timeout options on my Windows Phone, etc.
Keyser
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Post by Keyser »

I think it needs some more options to handle laptops that are mobile work related. Most laptops that are mobile have little or no use for the scheduling options available right now.

They will rarely be at the office at a given time nor will at logoff or Lock make sense if you are mobile.

I think we need a more flexible "daily scheduler" that can be altered to weekly or monthly scheduler. And right below there needs to be an option to postpone scheduled launch until repository is available. That way a scheduled job will not be missed if the repository is not reachable, it will just be delayed. Scheduled jobs between the original launchtime and availability of the repository are missed, but that's fine because any backup they might produce is included in the postponed job.

I have several laptop's under my command that will almost never get backed up with the current settings because it is completely impossible to guess at what time they might be in at the office.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Keyser wrote:I have several laptop's under my command that will almost never get backed up with the current settings because it is completely impossible to guess at what time they might be in at the office.
That's exactly the reason behind "On storage attach" schedule. This was actually my personal request of a road warrior ;)
sibinsam
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Sibin Sam

Post by sibinsam »

Hi,

Schedule could be expanded to exclude certain days of the week. Reason is to backup the desktops/laptops during the work days and not during weekends when the endpoints would be shutdown and anyways no changes would be made during weekends.
Keyser
Enthusiast

Post by Keyser »

Gostev wrote:That's exactly the reason behind "On storage attach" schedule. This was actually my personal request of a road warrior ;)
Are you saying that "On storage Attach" also covers that the client looks for the network share, and when available, it does a backup? I didn't try that out yet as I thought that was for USB only.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Network storage attach was not ready in time for beta, but it should be included in the release version. I know there is a lot of feedback and feature requests, but frankly this is the only feature I personally am missing in the current beta ;) the rest is already good enough for my personal use!
Keyser
Enthusiast

Post by Keyser »

Gostev wrote:Network storage attach was not ready in time for beta, but it should be included in the release version. I know there is a lot of feedback and feature requests, but frankly this is the only feature I personally am missing in the current beta ;) the rest is already good enough for my personal use!
I completely agree. This free product is almost perfect for personal use. It just needs Those few additional scheduling options. Good work Veeam !
wvkreg
Enthusiast
Full Name: Wim van Kregten

[MERGED] feature request - scheduling job options

Post by wvkreg »

Scheduling Veeam EP is very basic.
Hope in future release it will be possible to schedule every x day, weekly etc and not only daily or logoff or connect etc.
daniel.bosshard
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Bosshard

[MERGED] Feature Request: Check availability of NAS

Post by daniel.bosshard »

I'm using an UNC path to define my NAS as a backup target. Would be great if I could choose to use different types of events or a schedule for backup but only when my notebook is located on the same subnet as my NAS. Additionaly would be nice to be asked to backup when logging off or shuting down when NAS is in same subnet and no schedule or event for backup is selected, as I often just use my notebook at home for checking state of our datacenter and then eighter go to wok or go to sleep. In this case it's difficult to select a schedule or use backup at logoff.

Anyway: even without this it's a great new tool from you!!! Thanks!!
eladk
Influencer
Full Name: Elad Kedar

[MERGED] Advanced Schedualing+summery

Post by eladk »

Hi,
in scheduling options, it would be nice to have the options to choose days of the week, number of weeks, every month, etc.
in summery window, there is no option to go back if i want to change settings, only 'finish'.

Regards,
Elad
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Elad,

Thank you for your feedback! By the way you can use daily schedule plus 'no more often than X days' option to start the backup job once in a week or even once in a month :wink:
lupin
Lurker

[MERGED] Feature Request - Better schedule planner

Post by lupin »

It would be nice to have more control when scheduling a backup.
In particular I would like to have the option to exclude saturdays and sundays from my daily backup.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

lupin,
Good idea, thank you. I’ll keep it for the next version improvements discussion.
turibbio
Lurker
Full Name: turibbio

[MERGED] Schedule Endpoint Backup Weekly

Post by turibbio »

Is it possible to schedule backup weekly instead of daily?

Thanks,
Turibbio
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can try to use a trick mention by Dima on the first page to achieve that. Thanks!