Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ashman70
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Both

SBS replication job

Post by ashman70 »

I have a replication job that has been running once a day without issue, the vm in question is an SBS 2011 server.

Today I changed the frequency of the replication job to every hour and I began getting errors periodically when the job would run. I have turned application aware processing and it seems the error messages are related to that.

This is the error:

Unable to release guest. Error: VSSControl: Failed to freeze guest, wait timeout
Error: VSSControl: Failed to freeze guest, wait timeout

Now in most cases it would succeed on the first retry, sometimes the second, but it would always succeed.

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the errors of its just the nature of that fact that the VM is 800GB, the server has near line SAS drives in RAID 5 so its not a fast disk subsystem.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: SBS replication job

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
The possible problem and solution are described in the following KB article. Please check if it helps.
Also, please remember to provide support case # when writing about technical errors as required by forum`s rules.
Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: SBS replication job

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Nikita, actually this KB article does not describe the OP's issue. There is nothing to do with the vCenter Server, thus you do not need to do any exclusions.

Please review this KB article for the resolution > http://www.veeam.com/kb1377