Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dschutz
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Installation Failure - Veeam.Setup.Wizard has stopped workin

Post by dschutz »

I am trying to install the Beta of VEB on my Lenovo Yoga 2 pro, windows 8.1 and I get the following message during installation.

Veeam setup wizard has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Veeam.Setup.Wizard.dat
Application Version: 2.0.0.3
Application Timestamp: 546c9580
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2895
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000095
Exception Offset: PCH_79
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 2895
Additional Information 2: 28950ac307ee71646a0e9808f0802367
Additional Information 3: beb7
Additional Information 4: beb7643aa8aa2d1b4bbfb0684c9d2b5a

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Needless to say, the program fails to run and I therefore can't use the "Report an Issue" button. I have plenty of other software installed on this machine, so who knows, there may be something on my PC that doesn't play nice with Veeam, but in case it is a problem with the product, I thought it might be useful to report the issue. Any ideas?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Installation Failure - Veeam.Setup.Wizard has stopped wo

Post by Dima P. »

Hi dschutz,
From the top of my head – any antivirus on board? Additionally I would double check the setup was launched under the administrative account.
dschutz
Novice

Post by dschutz » 1 person likes this post

ok, so I have disabled A/V and have run via admin account. Still the same problem. Have also tried on my wife's PC which is the same as mine but has less 3rd party apps. Seems to work ok. So conclusion so far is that I must have done something to my machine that causes VEB to fail. I will start to check the differences between my machine and my wife's and see if I can determine the differences. I'll post an update when I learn something new.
dschutz
Novice

Post by dschutz »

So it seems that the antivirus track was the right one in the end. I had started comparing applications between my machine and my wife's which was working and I began removing applications from my machine one by one to see whether I could get Veeam to install. After each application I removed the failed Veeam installation and then restarted just to be sure. Despite having earlier disabling it, when I removed ad aware web companion, Veeam installed fine. Looking forward to testing it out. Thanks d.popov for the tip.