Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
capsel22
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris

Two feature ideas

Post by capsel22 »

Hello,

I would like to discuss a feature that I am quite missing.

The current backup does one full backup and rest is incremental. This I believe is not always reliable, if one piece is broken the restore will fail.
What I would like to do is to specify in a schedule to for example take full backups each Mon with incremental Tue-Fri.

Another thing is that you can only have one backup job specified at a time. What could work better for me is if I could run two backup jobs at different schedules.
Especially useful to backup system drive always at the same time but I like to have my documents backed up every 2 hours.
With current setup I need to wonder if I should loose IOPS on full PC backup every 2hrs or risk on backing up documents once a day.

Hope it makes sense
Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Two feature ideas

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated. Similar request has already been submitted, please check out existing topic for further reading > Feature Request - Multiple Jobs.

As to "backup chain being not reliable", I'm not sure I fully understand what you're referring to. This engine is pretty solid, however if the backup storage suffers from bad blocks, then even active full might be corrupted as well.

Thanks!