Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jmaissan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jeff Maissan

Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Post by jmaissan »

Is it possible to have multiple jobs scheduled, and show the jobs and details. IE: Daily (user changed files), Weekly (all selected files/User Data), Mthly (full system)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Feature Request

Post by Gostev »

No, and no plans - at least as a part of this specific free product (this is way too advanced for a typical user, and very few users will want such flexibility anyway). Overall, we are trying to follow the KISS principle with the VEB user interface (Keep It Simple Stupid). Thanks!
NitaiS
Novice

Feature Request - Multiple Jobs Configurations

Post by NitaiS »

Something useful that I think is a must is the option to create multiple jobs instead of just one.

I can see my self using different backup jobs to backup drives separately or maybe external drives on a different times of the day.
Alveros
Novice
Full Name: Heinrich Loewen

Re: Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Post by Alveros »

I think also, sometimes i would be usefull to have multiple jobs for different volumes and folders.
mdeagued
Lurker

Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Post by mdeagued »

I wish I could set different Jobs at different times, for example, complete machine at night, certain files at noon, etc ..
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Guys,
Any real use case why you need it for you home laptop? :D Seriously, either you case about all the files on your home computer, or several files (or OS + files) but why you would want to back it up separately and more over on different schedule?
SynthosKralupy
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Synthos Kralupy

Post by SynthosKralupy »

Hello,

I understand to keep application as simple as possible, but there would be nice to have "run missed backup job" option for scheduled backup. What do you think?

Pavel.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Pavel,

It is possible in the UI by clicking Backup Now button :wink:
bmernz
Lurker

Post by bmernz »

I use two external drives for backup, and I swap them each week taking one offsite with me.

Would it be possible to configure two drives for use in this way?

I realise I could re-configure the job each week, however it would be nice if it just ran when it detected the media change like it can with a single drive.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Would it be possible to configure two drives for use in this way?
Yes, it will be possible for removable storage.
Moebius
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Lucio Mazzi

Post by Moebius » 1 person likes this post

I'd like to configure two jobs because I have two different destinations (two NAS) and I wish I could send the backup to both. Maybe one day to NAS A, the other day to NAS B.
I'm backing up my home PC (which is also where I work) and you know, two copies is better than one :)
It already happened to me to lose the whole RAID volume on one of those cheap(ish) home NAS.
mazzu
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Emilio Mazzucconi

Feature Request - Multiple Backup Jobs

Post by mazzu » 1 person likes this post

Hi Team,

First of all let me congratulate you, Veeam Endpoint Backup is awesome, it works great and It's free! I think that It could be useful if Veeam Endpoint Backup lets the user create more than one backup job; for me, for example, is important to have a volume level backup and a file level backup (I use different volumes on my PC).

Regards,

Emilio
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Emilio,
Thank you for the kind words! This could be achieved even now - you can have a volume level backup and file level backup by going to the File level backup mode and selecting the entire volume plus several files from other volumes
jon.f
Novice

Post by jon.f »

I would like to back up volume level to USB drive and file level to network drive, would this not require multiple jobs?
Craig_karl
Novice
Full Name: Craig Karl

Feature Request - Multiple Schedules with different options

Post by Craig_karl »

Hello,

I have been using the beta for the past week on a couple of systems and have been very impressed with it.

I would like to see the ability to have multiple schedules on the same machine.

For example. I may want Volume Backups on my C and D Drive, but only file level backups on E, and have those file level backups every 2 hours vs the nightly volume backup.

For digital image editing I would like to make sure the files that I am working on throughout the day are being backed up and have the ability to go back to a previous version by pulling it back from the NAS appliance that I am backing up to.

Thanks
jlmedinan
Novice
Full Name: José Luis Medina

Feature Request: Multi destination backup

Post by jlmedinan »

An interesting option is to allow multi destination backup in the way the user can define an extra location for the backup. p. e... Backup to central repository each 12 hours (difined by administrator) AND backup to local USB when the disk is connected or every x time or when users likes to do that...
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Craig,
Thank you for the feedback! We’ve already added this request to the list but thank you for pushing it :wink:
emitchell
Lurker
Full Name: Edward Mitchell

Post by emitchell »

Nice product been using the beta for the past week on several systems and easy to work with, easy file exclusions. Accessing local USB and NAS OK.
Scheduling option would be good.
Ability to have this run during normal business hours. No need to run during off hours or weekends when system is idle.

During business hours, audit and backup changed files hourly.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Edward,

Thanks for your feedback and the scenario you described. We will take this feedback with us for further versions and discuss.

Cheers

Mike
NashBrydges
Enthusiast

Feature Request - Multiple backup jobs

Post by NashBrydges »

Hi All,

In keeping with the widely agreed upon standard of maintaining the proper level of backups, I'd like to see the ability to create multiple jobs, and jobs that can run AFTER completion of precedent job (dependant or child jobs). This would allow me to retain the standard 3-2-1 backups. Of course this assumes that I'll have the ability to backup directly to a cloud account so this feature is also requested here.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi. For 3-2-1, we will (right in v1) support Backup Copy of endpoint backups when your primary backup target is a Veeam backup repository. Backup Copy jobs support "chaining" with the primary backup jobs natively so to speak, this is just how they work. Thanks!
NashBrydges
Enthusiast

Post by NashBrydges »

Great! Thanks.
dvarga
Novice
Full Name: Dvarga

[MERGED] Feature Request - Combinated backup mode

Post by dvarga »

Dear Team,

It would be very good if the backup can be combinated.
Example scenario>

I have a computer with two partitions C:, and D:
I set default savings to the D: drive, however my user would be tricky, and using the C: drive also for example saving docs, and pst files.

Would it be possible with the combinated backup that i will save the complete drive D:, AND saving the *.doc, *.pst files only from drive C:.

This would be really great.

Thanks,

Domokos
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What if you choose a file-level backup mode and just exclude folders you do not need on the drive C? Will that work for you?
dvarga
Novice
Full Name: Dvarga

Post by dvarga »

The issue is, that my users just figuring out more and more hidden places to their important docs. Desktop, mydocument, going below, upper, etc...
Therefore this could save space not to backup the whole partition, but scan for all the docs, etc what can be saved in these hidden places.

D.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Seems like you need to use this option, but for volumes as well?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Craig,

I understand your concern, but try to organize it like this:

Choose C and D as volume backups, and E as file level ("hybrid solution"). Then schedule it on a 2 hours backup or however you want it. Because we are incremental forever, you only protect the block-level changes, and this will be 95% your digital image files (I know this one very well ;-)). The little overhead of having the two other volumes also every 2 hours is extremely low, and since we use a method to keep the backup in background mode, you won't even notice the backup even if you are doing some heavy-lifting editing and rendering that takes all of your resources.

Now of course... Don't believe me on my word :-D, try it out and you will see ;-)

Cheers

Mike
jlmedinan
Novice
Full Name: José Luis Medina

[MERGED] New feature: Multiple destination

Post by jlmedinan »

The ability of specify multiple destination allow to make copy to file server and a copy in a USB device for the user.
FabioMuzzi
Lurker
Full Name: Fabio Muzzi

Post by FabioMuzzi »

I have an use case where I would like to have 2 different jobs:

- one job runs a backup of C: to a NAS

- another job runs a backup of D: to an external USB drive.

This is because files in C: are work-related, and I want them on a NAS at the office, while files on D: are private, and the user wants a backup of these files, too. But since D is a 2 TB disk full of data, I don't want this enormous backup to be stored on the NAS.

I could let the user run a complete (C+D) backup on his USB external hard drive, but I am quite sure that he will forget to run backup for weeks, and the suffer a data loss and discover that the newset backup is 3 months old.

This is why I would like to be able to set up multiple jobs with different sources and different destinations.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

FabioMuzzi wrote:I could let the user run a complete (C+D) backup on his USB external hard drive, but I am quite sure that he will forget to run backup for weeks,
I guess this can be resolved by introducing a read-only UI access or restricting access to some job config settings. Thanks for sharing your use case, much appreciated.