Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
NashBrydges
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Feature Request - Notification if no backups in X days

Post by NashBrydges »

Hi All,

I'd like to see a notification warning if the scheduled backup task has not been run in the last X days, and have the ability to set the value for what X days should be. Ideally these notifications would appear both in the taskbar as well as an email sent however if the future plan is to integrate this product with Veeam B&R then perhaps the plan is to include those email notification processes.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Feature Request - Notification if no backups in X days

Post by Gostev »

Hi, I am pretty sure this functionality is already in beta as well, because I clearly remember myself proofing the corresponding warning message ;) Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Nash, Anton

As far as I know, the red X comes up on the notification tray after you missed the first time a backup schedule. It won't disappear until you have a successful backup again. But I think Nash wants to be able to "choose" the date when an error appears...

Nash, can you clarify if my understanding is correct? You would like to have a possibility to get an error(like we have today, in the tray icon) but want to be able to choose to get it after X days? For the email notification and stuff, this is a common requested feature and we will probably look into that for v2.

Thanks for your feedback

Mike
NashBrydges
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by NashBrydges »

Hi Mike,

You're correct. The ability for the user to select when the warning appears.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

Hmm, I remember proofing "after X days" warning message. I understood this goes into yellow warning stripe in the Control Panel.