Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
aandino
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Arnold Andino

B&R console

Post by aandino »

Can I install the console on my PC? also - same question goes for explorer for Exchange.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: B&R console

Post by Gostev »

For System Requirements, please refer to the Release Notes document included with your download.
You can install B&R on any server or desktop meeting the minimum system requirements.

Note that Veeam Explorer for Exchange requires 64-bit OS to run.
90Carat
Lurker

Post by 90Carat »

I think what aandino is asking, and I have the same question, is: Can I install just the Management Console on my PC and connect it to the server where I Installed Veeam B & R? Currently, we have to RDP to the server to manage B & R. The web console only appears to work with Enterprise Manager, and not B & R. Did I miss something on the install?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

90Carat wrote:Can I install just the Management Console on my PC and connect it to the server where I Installed Veeam B & R? Currently, we have to RDP to the server to manage B & R.

No, there is no separate install.
90Carat wrote:The web console only appears to work with Enterprise Manager, and not B & R.
Well, you are right, but remember that Enterprise Manager just rolls up data from multiple B&R servers connected to it to the same UI, so technically web console works with B&R. This is actually exactly what you need, and it should cover 99% of all of your daily backup management and monitoring needs. For example, you can control and edit jobs, monitor and report on them, perform file restores and so on. It is very rare when you need to resort to B&R console (for advanced tasks and settings only).
nhai
Lurker
Full Name: Hai Nguyen Minh

[MERGED] Veeam Backup Console

Post by nhai »

I'm going to install Veeam Console on my laptop (Win7) , but I don't know where to download it. Please help me, Thanks.
PHBG
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Petar Havezov

[MERGED] Veeam Backup Shell separate install?

Post by PHBG »

Hello,
Is it possible to install Veeam Backup Shell (the console you access Veeam Backup Server) separately from the server? I don’t find how. But it is strange for me Veeam not support this because in enterprise company (I am part of one) many peoples/teams are doing backups. And working through RDP on Veeam Backup Server (limited to 2 windows sessions) for me is not the right way?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Peter, currently it is not possible, however you can use Enterprise Manager Web console to manage jobs and restores.