Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ashman70
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Both

replication weirdness

Post by ashman70 »

I have a replication job for an Exchange server that runs every two hours for a client, normally during the day it transfers a few GB every job. Today it was set to go off at noon but failed with the error:

Processing configuration Error: The operation is not allowed in the current state.
Error: The operation is not allowed in the current state.

However on the retry it ran but appears to have done a full replication transferring just over 200GB!

Should I open a support case for this so the engineers can look at the logs?

Just wondering what that error message means and why it did a full replication out of the blue like that.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Re: replication weirdness

Post by alanbolte »

Opening a support case isn't a bad idea, but I'd recommend you also check VMware tasks/events to see if the VM was being reconfigured in any way during that time, or ask the client if they changed something around that time. That message usually means there's some running task for the VM.
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

I did open a support case and uploaded logs. Nothing was being done to this VM as far as I can tell, very strange.
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

Seems the case I opened is no longer there, I never did receive an email confirming the case had been opened after I opened the case in the support portal, I even uploaded logs, but its gone now.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Have you got a case number?
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

No, I never received a confirmation email after opening the case in the support portal, so I don't have a record of it, but I definitely opened a case and uploaded logs.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I do not see any cases created during the last week from you in the system, so it was not created for some reason. Please try opening the case again.