Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kacsp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Replicas status questions

Post by kacsp »

Could you explain the purpose of the 'Rescan Replica' & 'Replication' right-click context menu items available on the Replicas node?...I can't find much in the Help or elsewhere about these.

Also, would running 'Rescan Replica' (I guess this is a status update?) affect any SureBackup Job replica VMs we have running (basic question I know, but I don't want these to be shut down)?

And I have a large number of Replicas showing with a status of 'Ready', even though the Replica Jobs, together with their Replicated VMs, have long since been deleted. I'm just wondering how come these entries aren't cleared out automatically when associated Replica Jobs & VMs are removed?

To confirm, I just use 'Remove From Replicas' to get rid of these without any further complications?

Thanks again
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replicas status questions

Post by foggy »

kacsp wrote:Could you explain the purpose of the 'Rescan Replica' & 'Replication' right-click context menu items available on the Replicas node?
You're right that Rescan replicas command updates the status of all replicas, checks their restore points, etc. It can be useful after importing Veeam B&R configuration, for example.
kacsp wrote:Also, would running 'Rescan Replica' (I guess this is a status update?) affect any SureBackup Job replica VMs we have running (basic question I know, but I don't want these to be shut down)?
No, it wouldn't.
kacsp wrote:And I have a large number of Replicas showing with a status of 'Ready', even though the Replica Jobs, together with their Replicated VMs, have long since been deleted. I'm just wondering how come these entries aren't cleared out automatically when associated Replica Jobs & VMs are removed?

To confirm, I just use 'Remove From Replicas' to get rid of these without any further complications?
Yes, and if this does not help, you can ask support for assistance in clearing up obsolete records from the database.
kacsp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Re: Replicas status questions

Post by kacsp »

Thanks for clarifying that...