Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mellerbeck
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Michael

My evaluation Comments

Post by mellerbeck »

So I have tried to dive into Veeam with vsphere. Even though I read the guide it was not the clearest that I if wanted to do a SAN backup I needed to

(1) give access to the backup machine to the volume (this should have been obvious to me but I didn't pick it up :)

(2) make sure to run diskpart

automount disable

automount scrub

exit

Reboot

The guide only mentions this in conjunction with VCB. I had a similar experience to this posthttp://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... sql#p11808

Could this in the future be added as a section.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: My evaluation Comments

Post by Gostev »

Michael, thank your for your feedback! I have forwarded this on to our technical writing team.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Also, there's a link to good description of this process in the stickied FAQ thread on this forum.
mellerbeck
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Michael

Post by mellerbeck »

Yes, its great here in the forum! But I was looking for it in the documentation! All the rest of the documentation was excellent (As well as the product so far I might add) but that would have made the install even more effortless than it was! Instead of futzing around for a half hour I would have had it going in 5 minutes!

-Michael
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

I definitely agree User Guide is missing big without this info. I see we have less than 5000 forum members at this time, but yet over 10000 actual customers - so clearly not every customer visits these forums. :D