Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SyNtAxx
Expert
Liked: 15 times

Linux pre/post thaw scripts...

Post by SyNtAxx »

Could anybody be so kind as to provide a screenshot of the settings used for pre/post script excecution in Veeam v8.0?

I've spent a good deal of time, and read a good deal of threads and found several posts showing various locations to place the scripts: /usr/sbin

I have also tried loading the scripts on the backup server, since clicking browse on the text field for the script takes me through the local windows directory tree.

I have yet gotten the pre/post scripts to run, though I can manually execute them with the backup account in the OS. Any help would be appreciated.

-Nick
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Linux pre/post thaw scripts...

Post by Gostev »

SyNtAxx wrote:I have also tried loading the scripts on the backup server, since clicking browse on the text field for the script takes me through the local windows directory tree.
That's right. You have to select them, and then backup job will use them for processing. This is actually pretty well covered on the corresponding manual page (same as I've already linked to you in the adjacent topic) :wink:

You definitely should not place those scripts into /usr/bin yourself, or anything like that. Those comments relate to VMware Tools scripts. The whole point of our feature was to remove this complexity of manual script deployment process.
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx »

Yes, I've looked at that man page many times. The Linux portion is blank. When selecting the local path to the file and executing the job it fails to execute the script. When looking job log, it seems to indicate it cannot locate the file either way.

Nick
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

SyNtAxx wrote:cannot locate the file
Possibly file permissions issue? Or may be you are simply running into some bug around this functionality. I recommend you open a support case for investigation.
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx »

Issue in Tier 2 with no resolve.
rkovhaev
Veeam Software
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Rustam

Post by rkovhaev »

could you please let me know the case no.?
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx »

Case # 00831442
SyNtAxx
Expert

Post by SyNtAxx » 2 people like this post

Workaround in place. Several bugs either known or identified contributing to this problem.

1) Jobs must be run as root, as the sudo portion does not work. (fix is in testing Patch 2)
2) Pre Freeze/Post Thaw scripts must be housed in a folder on the Veeam backup server in a folder with a name that contains no spaces.

Thanks to Tier 2 support technician Caleb!

Nick
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Great. Thanks for the update!