Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
maurizio.genzone
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: maurizio genzone

Backup in a "Veeam Backup repository"

Post by maurizio.genzone »

good morning, to make a backup in a veeam backup repository is a prerequisite to have a veeam backup 8 + patch2. Where i find the patch 2?

thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup in a "Veeam Backup repository"

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, if you want to test the integration, you should by running update 2. Please find all required information in this topic > [NEW BUILD] Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE RC
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Maurizio,

You can find that link in the announcement post that Anton Gostev did last week http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint- ... 26694.html

Please note the details in his post, you can't install the patch on a production or existing B&R installation since it is an RC. You need to deploy a new B&R server for this testing

Cheers

Mike
crashburn162
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yanko Kurshumov

Post by crashburn162 »

Hello,

I just downloaded this patch but it says the server needs to be no more than 2 days old. So if I create a new backup server it will let me patch up backup and replication ? Or do I need to uninstall it and install it again.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this limitation was introduced on purpose (check out the "Important notes" section in the topic I've referenced above). If you want to test the integration, then you should be using a newly deployed Veeam backup server, it can be any existing Windows server.