Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Timjames
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Timooo mde

veeam v8 8 WAN Accelerator

Post by Timjames »

HI Guyz

i am running veeam v8 enterprise plus. my challenge is on backup of continually running server.. every time i try the process run smoothly then fails intanantly due to changes in the files being backup up. what can i do to have the servers backup successfully?
i am also runnning backup copy and it shows successful but when i try to restore, the error is "no restore point found"or so files are missing. i have scheduled incremental backup and backup copies. what is the best practice?

i am using WAN accelerator to backup copy my backups to a site that on different timezone with difference of 13 hrs.. can it be effective?

help pls..
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: veeam v8 8 WAN Accelerator

Post by veremin »

i am running veeam v8 enterprise plus. my challenge is on backup of continually running server.. every time i try the process run smoothly then fails intanantly due to changes in the files being backup up. what can i do to have the servers backup successfully?
Can you provide us the exact errors you face?
i am also runnning backup copy and it shows successful but when i try to restore, the error is "no restore point found"or so files are missing
Are you positive there have been any restore point processed by backup copy job within sync interval?

Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi,
Timjames wrote:every time i try the process run smoothly then fails intanantly due to changes in the files being backup up. what can i do to have the servers backup successfully?
What kind of failure do you get? Try to enable application-aware processing in the job`s options.
Timjames wrote:i am using WAN accelerator to backup copy my backups to a site that on different timezone with difference of 13 hrs.. can it be effective?
Yes, for sure. Timezone difference should not be an issue.
Thanks.
Timjames
Novice

Post by Timjames »

see the errors am getting

1. 3/27/2015 12:36:43 AM :: Processing server_1 Error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Failed to upload disk.
Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

2. the initial backup copy was succeefully restored. after increamental backup copy is when the issue started..
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

1. Did you check the adjacent thread describing similar issue and ways to resolve it? Did you open a support ticket regarding that?

2. You mean that you've started to have the mentioned error, once the initial backup cycle was finished?

Thanks.
Timjames
Novice

Post by Timjames »

1. the error existed from the begininnig
2. the 2nd error started after initial successful backup and restore
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

What about opening a ticket and letting support team find out the root cause of the experienced behaviour?