Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ekisner
Expert
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Getting the error: Unsuported Method.

Post by ekisner »

Getting the error:

Error: Unsuported Method. Agent failed to process method {Stg.EnableSizeTracking}

Environment is a Win2012 R2 Std server, with SQL 2014 installed. I'm afraid I have no clue where to even start with this particular error. It's a pre-production box. Just waiting on the backups to become functional and then I'm ready to roll it out.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Re: Agent Failed to process method {Stg.EnableSizeTracking}.

Post by JaxIsland7575 » 1 person likes this post

First step is I would open the Control Panel of VEB and open a support case with Veeam. Once you have the case number post it back here so we can follow the update.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
ekisner
Expert

Post by ekisner »

Wasn't sure if there was official support for VEB, being a free product. I'll open up a ticket.

Edit:

Case Ticket is 00932489
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Free best effort support! Cannot beat that on a free product!
VMCE v9
ekisner
Expert

Post by ekisner » 1 person likes this post

No kidding. Gotta admit, I love pretty much everything about Veeam. Best in class backups (by my account at the very least), great support policies, and great support staff to boot.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 » 1 person likes this post

I've been with Veeam since their first or second version for VBR, I have brought up 5 sites with them over the years and currently am working on setting up the 6th. I have nothing bad to say, when you can walk in to the office have 3 servers crash and be back up in running in under an hour, here take my money! Now to add a free VEB product, its just keeps getting better! Plus they take the feedback seriously, I saw today after tons of feature requests they integrate with LabTech. Well that's my marketing pitch but once you get the support number go ahead and post it and they will get back to you. I am sure you will hear from someone soon!
VMCE v9
ekisner
Expert

Post by ekisner » 2 people like this post

Edited a previous post with the case ID.

Yes, I've had a storage array fail on me - flipped the proverbial switch, powered up a bunch of crash consistent VMs at my colo and very nonchalantly informed my users that in spite of a critical hardware failure, we'd be back up in about 30 minutes with a minimum of data loss. Turns out it only took about 20 minutes :)

Having a disaster recovery plan is good peace of mind. Actually needing it, and having it work the way it was supposed to... well that's just priceless. A good way to remain employed, if nothing else! Hahah.
ekisner
Expert

Post by ekisner »

Big thanks to Veeam.

We tested:
Endpoint -> VBR Repository (failed)
Endpoint -> Local Storage such as C: to D: (succeeded)
Endpoint -> Remote File Share (succeeded)

The case isn't yet wrapped up, but I imagine we're just going to stick with that... I've got a file share on the storage carved out for repositories, and the jobs are running no problem. If we come up with a fix to back up to the repo, I will update further.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Getting the error: Unsuported Method.

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Erik,

Thanks for the heads-up. As Jax says, we will be releasing a labtech plugin soon, and with that will come an updated version of VEBF also. That will include bugfixes based on cases such as yours so we really do appreciate the effort of you all! I hope we can figure that one out also.

And who knows, it will come with some additional surprises also ;-)

Thanks again

Mike