Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 46 times

Impact on Veeam after OS upgrade ?

Post by albertwt »

People,

I'm about to perform inline upgrade of my Physical box HP servers from Windows Server 2008 R2 Std. into Windows Server 2012 R2, this server running Veeam Backup 8 Patch 2B (Veeam Backup Media server & Backup Copy target). The backup drives are all NTFS LUNs presented by HP Storage Array through SCSI cable (DAS) connected to the HBA.

So is there any impact to the SQL Express database and also the Veeam Backup itself after the underlying OS is upgraded to Another OS ?
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Impact on Veeam after OS upgrade ?

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi Albert,

I believe you should be fine with this, but before doing the upgrade, make sure you backup Veeam configuration database (just in case).

Let us know how the upgrade works for you.
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 46 times

Post by albertwt »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Albert,

I believe you should be fine with this, but before doing the upgrade, make sure you backup Veeam configuration database (just in case).

Let us know how the upgrade works for you.
Thanks Vitaliy, before the upgrade I will stop both Veeam backup services and also the SQL Express DB.
What about the proxy servers (Windows Server 2008 R2 VMs) and also the Repository Servers (Windows Server 2008 R2 Physical Servers) ? is thera any caveats or special things to consider before and after the OS upgrade ?
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

After upgrade of operating system where Veeam components are installed, please run the topology re-scan job and update the components manually via Veeam backup console. If it is required, you will see an "out-of date" warning sign next to the proxy/repository name.