Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
zach1008
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Zach Schaffner

Endpoint backup stopped working on Win 8.1 with a sql error

Post by zach1008 »

I have been working with Endpoint backup and after a few days of things running as expected I started getting failures. The error in the job is:

Error: Microsoft SQL server hosting the configuration database is currently unavailable. Possible reasons are heavy load, networking issue, server reboot, or hot backup. Please wait, and try again later. Error information: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_BObjects'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.BObjects'. The duplicate key value is (8c9b7dfe-36b4-4854-90af-3b75bcb7f5d1). The statement has been terminated.

I have restarted both my laptop and the server and nothing has resolved the issue. Any suggestions on this issue?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Endpoint backup stopped working on Win 8.1 with a sql er

Post by PTide »

Hi,
I have restarted both my laptop and the server and nothing has resolved the issue
Sorry, not sure what you mean. Do you use Endpoint on your server as well? If so, then which job gave you that error? Otherwise, how is the server related to the problem? Did you mean local SQL service?

Thank you.
zach1008
Lurker
Full Name: Zach Schaffner

Post by zach1008 »

Sorry, clarification, the job is using the repository from backup and replication server but the job is on my laptop.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.BObjects'. The duplicate key value is (8c9b7dfe-36b4-4854-90af-3b75bcb7f5d1)
Have you tried browsing your local endpoint database with Microsoft SQL server management studio and see what's stored there under that key? Maybe you will be able to identify the object referred by that id?

Anyway, I believe that you should open a case with support. If you do please post case ID here.

Thank you.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Zach,

Pavel is right. Please create a support case through the support tab and post the case ID and follow-up by support here

Thanks (and thanks Pavel!)
RobC-ISGI
Lurker
Full Name: WWIP ITSupport

Post by RobC-ISGI »

we can clear this up by resetting this SQL server. Please perform these following steps on the problem PC:

1. Open up RegEdit
2. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint
3. Create new DWORD value called ReCreateDatabase and assign to it 1 (decimal)
4. Start Endpoint service manually or just reboot your pc.
5. If Endpoint started successfully, delete created key.

Please note that you will have to re-run configure backup in order to set up the backup job. This will also create a brand new chain. If there are any old chains, these can still be used for restore purposes. Also, please make sure to delete that registry key once a successful backup can be confirmed.