Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Memmy
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Marco Menegazzi

Unable to map backup - Forward incremental

Post by Memmy »

Hi!
I'm experiencing a problem with Veeam B&R v8 and Veeam Cloud Connect.

I'm trying to map a backup copy job to a backup already copied on the target side. All the backups were created using forward incrementals but once I try to map them I receive this message :
Unable to map backup. Backup copy supports forward incremental backup chains only.
Is there any workaround/solution ? I cannot copy the backup from source again, I have to use those.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Unable to map backup - Forward incremental

Post by PTide »

Hi,

It might me a dumb question, did you enable this option - "transform previus backup chains into rollbacks" by any chance? If you did that, then this could be a reason for this error message.

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Was it a regular backup chain (created by a backup job) or you're mapping to the backup created by a backup copy job? Please take a look at this topic for more info as well > V8 - Mapping Back Copy error
Memmy
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Marco Menegazzi

Post by Memmy »

It was a backup chain that I copied from local storage to a NAS. Maybe copying it without using a backup copy job has not been a good idea ... maybe it is better to use a Backup Copy Job as seed ... I think I need to recreate the chain.
Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Manual copy should work fine given that the VBM file as well as all restore points are copied to the new repository.