Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dwil49
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Willoughby

Latest version update notification

Post by dwil49 »

Should I already be able to update the VEB 1.1 either automatically or manually through the interface? I don't get a notification that an upgrade is available, and even if I check manually it tells me version 1.0.0.1954 is the latest version.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Re: Latest version update notification

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

That is correct, 1.1 will not be sent out via automatic updates until there is a few weeks of downloads and feedback. Once 1.1 has been verified and is solid, they will release it through the automatic downloads.
VMCE v9
dwil49
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Willoughby

Post by dwil49 »

OK. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't already out there and my machine was just having trouble seeing it. Thanks
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

You are all set, if you want to install it ahead of the automatic download you can always download here:
http://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free-download.html
VMCE v9
ftcnet
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Bernard Klatt

Post by ftcnet »

Do we need to create new restore .ISO's? Will restore .ISO created with .1954 restore backups created with .110?
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

I have not seen any specific link that says you have to re-create your restore media after the upgrade. I know 1.1 allows the ability to restore to different sized drives, I do not know if that means the recovery media should be recreated as well. In my case I am going to re-create my recovery images just because I am over cautious most of the time.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,
Once 1.1 has been verified and is solid, they will release it through the automatic downloads.
True. When the pilot distribution via website is over we will enable the auto updates.
Will restore .ISO created with .1954 restore backups created with .110?
Yes it should, but I strongly recommend you to create a new media.
Do we need to create new restore .ISO's? Will restore .ISO created with .1954 restore backups created with .110?
It’s recommended to create a new one right after upgrade since new features were implemented inside the Recovery Media.