Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
dacky7
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Dack

Failing Replication errors

Post by dacky7 »

Hi,

We`ve had a bit of a battle getting consistent replication since upgrading to Version 8. My list of errors across 9 vm`s include:

Code: Select all

18/08/2015 19:37:46 :: Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Cannot copy file. Source file: [\\X.X.X.X\ADMIN$\VeeamVssSupport\metadata\VSS\BackupComponents.xml]. Target file: [C:\Users\veeamsvc\AppData\Local\Temp\bc478ee2-e7b9-4d65-ae7e-67c41e012dbb\BackupComponents.xml].
CopyFile() failed.
Win32 error:The system cannot find the path specified.
 Code: 3 

Code: Select all

18/08/2015 19:33:15 :: Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Writer 'Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer' is failed at 'VSS_WS_FAILED_AT_PREPARE_SNAPSHOT'.
The writer experienced a transient error.  If the backup process is retried,
the error may not reoccur.
--tr:Failed to verify writers state.
--tr:Failed to perform pre-backup tasks. 
I can see their is an article relating to MS KB 2919355 and veeam, not sure if this is related.

regards,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Failing Replication errors

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello, please include the support case ID, as requested when you create the new topic. Thanks!
dacky7
Influencer
Full Name: Peter Dack

Post by dacky7 »

Sure sorry :)

Case # 00987336

Support have got back in touch, they are to connect to us remotely this afternoon to take a look...
petrf
Lurker
Full Name: Petr Faltyn

Post by petrf »

Hello Dacky7,
Have you, please, any result of replication issue from VEEAM support? I have same error during replication with VSS quiescing :-(
Thank you
petrf
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Petr, the OP's case is still open, so I recommend you to open your own case for investigation. Moreover, the nature of the errors in your environment can be different, so logs review is required.
Georgee20
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Joy Kühl

Post by Georgee20 » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

i had the same problem with Hyper-V Core 2012 and an Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 and resolved this issue myself.
The user defined in job have to need rights for batch Processing and is member of group backup-operators. The Service "Computerbrowser" must be in state "Running".
Without the service "Computerbrowser" running, you can see in eventviewer the error message ESE with Event ID 2007 in administratives (Information Store (<PID>) Shadow copy instance <instance> aborted.).

Good Luck and Greetings