Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ddayton
Enthusiast
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Don Dayton

Veeam ONE Monitor Taskbar Icon indicates errors

Post by ddayton »

Veeam ONE 8.0.0.1615
I have noticed this on V8 and after all the V8 patches have been applied that the taskbar icon turns red and the bubble indicates an error count, today it is errors=2, warnings=0. When I open up the monitor GUI at the top it indicates errors=0, warnings=0. The most typical error I get is when someone is using the VMware Client they typo the login. If I resolve it the counters go back to zero (0) in the GUI, but the taskbar icon stays red and will continue to show the same error count. I guess its more of an annoyance than a problem, but I would like it to stay blue when there are no errors else I have to keep checking the GUI for problems.
ddayton
Enthusiast
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Don Dayton

Re: Veeam ONE Monitor Taskbar Icon indicates errors

Post by ddayton »

I applied update 2, so now I am on 8.0.0.1669. I still had errors=2 and the GUI still showed errors=0, BUT... I found the errors=2 under the data protection view. I resolved them and the taskbar icon turned green and the bubble indicates errors=0. I am not sure if there was ever a problem or update 2 fixed something, but I thought in the previous cases I went through the entire GUI and everything indicated zeros.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam ONE Monitor Taskbar Icon indicates errors

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hello Don,
You are correct, Veeam ONE should show a sum of Infrastructure and Data protection warnings/errors in the taskbar. If you experience different behavior in future, let us know or contact the support team.
Thanks!