Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
fafa24
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Backup copy job with B&R over WAN

Post by fafa24 »

Hello,

We are using Endpoint with Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus. We backup one physical server and the full backup file vbk is around 950GB. There is a backup copy job for this endpoint backup and we recently switched to an offsite repository. Unfortunately the B&R version doesn't support backup mapping for a seeded backup for Endpoint backups. Mapping works fine with VMware backups. But this is not my question.

We started a new backup copy job for this Endpoint file using WAN accelerators. On the target side there are 6 files now after 7 days, one vbk file 64GB and 5 vlb files between 70GB and 250GB, Total 717GB. It seems the first copy jobs is almost done. There is a backup window for night during weekday only and an extended window for weekends.

I assume the WAN will do the job and resume the copies when the window doesn't permit to run. The sync interval is one day and until now I receive a daily email with a warning. I guess soon the first pass will complete and the first full backup is done and then only change will be transmitted over the WAN which should go through fine overnight.

I'm a bit worried and looking for confirmation if this is normal procedure for a backup copy.

I have other Backup copy jobs of VMware where mapping of seeds were possible. They run fine overnight.

Thanks
Edy
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup copy job with B&R over WAN

Post by Dima P. »

Hey Edy,
I guess soon the first pass will complete and the first full backup is done and then only change will be transmitted over the WAN which should go through fine overnight.
That sounds right. Did the backup copy finalize successfully?
fafa24
Enthusiast

Post by fafa24 »

No, the first backup pass is not yet finished. I guess it will need another two day
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Ok, let’s give it some time and see how it goes. Don’t forget to update the thread with the results. Thank you.
fafa24
Enthusiast

Post by fafa24 »

The backup job completed the first passe after 9 days. Copied around 1.1TB over the WAN using the WAN accelerator. After the first pass it copies now the change over the WAN overnight. I have to say the WAN accelerator does a pretty good job.

Thanks,
Edy
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hey fafa24,

Sounds like a good way to go. Thanks for the heads up!