Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
SWightman
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Wightman

Failed to create persistent connection to ADMIN$

Post by SWightman »

Hi,

I've read the previous posts on this but none of the solutions seems to apply.

I have Veeam B&R Free on a Windows 2012R2 server
I am trying to deploy the services to 4 Windows Server 2008R2 servers in a cluster
I get the "Failed to create persistent connection to ADMIN$" error despite the fact I'm using a Domain Admin account, I've verified I CAN in fact connect to that share with that account and the Windows firewall if off on all the servers.

I can't see what the problem is! :cry:
Is it because the server running Veeam B&R is 2012R2 and the Hyper-V hosts are 2008R2??
I need to get this running as a proof of concept to get funding for the full version.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Failed to create persistent connection to ADMIN$

Post by foggy »

Scott, there should not be any issues with adding 2008 R2 hosts into Veeam B&R console installed on 2012 R2. Does the account used have Local Administrator rights on the hosts? If yes, please open a case with technical support for a closer look at your setup. Thanks.
SWightman
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Wightman

Post by SWightman »

My account is a domain administrator so a local admin by default - but I explicitly added the account to Local Admins group and logged in again and I still have this problem.

Does technical support provide support for Veeam Free Edition? I'd be surprised if they did!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Surprisingly, they do (based on staff availability, though). I'd also check if UAC is enabled on the hosts.