Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
JWhalenSO
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: John Whalen

FEATURE REQUEST - Restart 'missed' backup

Post by JWhalenSO »

Here is my potential scenario. I have a backup configured to run at 1600 and the destination is a shared folder on the network. Lets say that at that time the laptop is not connected to the network (in a hotel or at a client site). I am assuming the backup will return an error... Is there a way (or a configuration that I am missing) that will retry the backup again (and again) until it has a successful connect?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Settings now:
Backup Mode -
File Level Backup
Destination - Shared Folder (\\Server\Share)
Schedule - Daily at 4:00pm / back up no more often than every 12 Hour
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Restart 'missed' backup

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi John,

Not in the beta. There will be some enhancements on this in the GA version. More information on that when it is ready :-)

Cheers

Mike
JWhalenSO
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: John Whalen

Post by JWhalenSO »

thanks, Mike. I'll wait patiently, then
futureweb
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Patrick

Post by futureweb »

Hi,

I also opt in for missed backups.
We have our Endpoints connected to B&R. I tried using the trigger "When storage is connected". This doesn't help with B&R I believe, as our Windows 7 and 8 machines don't do them, not even when they boot up.
Only on my Windows 10 Notebook it seems to work, but has WLAN.

I then tried: daily schedule AND the trigger. but if the computer is off, no backup was done.

So either a missed backup feature, that doesn't only have a buffer of 15 minutes would be appreciated, or if Storage is connected it does it once a day, but B&R Repository is not like you plug any USB inside.
So kind of checking, is 1 day over, storage is there, then start backup.

We do have computers, that aren't used all the time, and used within different times between 8am to 2am, thus it's hard to schedule it.We can no only guess and hope, most of the times we hit the right time.
At Logoff I don't really like, as if you reboot, it might block that and takes time (not tested though).

Everything else works great, sure it would be nice if you could do settings through B&R instead of only direct at the computer of a set of computers.

Thanks
Patrick