Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
anche
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Anna Chekhovskikh

Endpoint Backup Free on TMG Server

Post by anche »

Morning, colleagues!

I have some unusual questions about VEB Free. I need to backup our TMG server. That's why I have some questions about installing VEB Free:
1. Do I have to open other or unusual port thought TMG for EPB, if I need to integrate this backup task to our B&R Standard infrastructure? Does the product have any limitations for using on these servers?
2. The Guideline describes some technical requests for SQL for this product, but I don't wanna install SQL 2012 on this TMG server. Can I use any network SQL sever for this DB? Can I use SQL 2008 which is located on B&R server for this DB? Can I use SQL 2008 Express which is located on this TMG server?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Anna
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Endpoint Backup Free on TMG Server

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Do I have to open other or unusual port thought TMG for EPB, if I need to integrate this backup task to our B&R Standard infrastructure
If you want to integrate VEB with VBR then you'll need to open several ports - please check the article.
<...>but I don't wanna install SQL 2012 on this TMG server<...>?
Unfortunately, you can't use a network server or SQL 2008. The lightweight express edition is installed with the product and is required. May I ask you what is your concern?

Thank you.
anche
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Anna Chekhovskikh

Post by anche »

Thank you, Pavel!

1. I know about this article, but there isn't described special ports for TMG. Does it mean that nothing special requires?
2. Therefore, I have to install other instance of SQL Express edition 2012 only for VEB on TMG?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

1. Yes, nothing special for TMG, if it allows connections through the ports mentioned above.
2. VEB does not use SQL Server Express, VEB comes with LocalDB which is quite lightweight and shouldn't cause any issues to the TMG server.