Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Get rid of the spam!

Post by Bunce »

It can't be that hard? It occurs every week on Saturday morning, from accounts created months ago that haven't made a post since.

Just remove stagnant accounts..
Neurobit
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Get rid of the spam!

Post by Neurobit »

Bunce wrote:It can't be that hard? It occurs every week on Saturday morning, from accounts created months ago that haven't made a post since.

Just remove stagnant accounts..
No doubt!!!
It is not hard and should be an easy fix. :roll:
Please take care of this.

BTW, this is my first post. Been lurking here for a couple of months and we have just bought Veeam to go along with our new VSphere environment that we are rolling out next week, so I have been an avid reader here. The weekend spam is the only gripe I have about the forums. Everything else is great!

Paul
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Get rid of the spam!

Post by Gostev »

Sorry for any inconvenience spam may be causing you during weekends.

Unfortunately, your suggestion cannot be implemented. We have thousands of accounts which never posted, but do not belong to spammers. Many customers register on these forums just to be able to use forum's search. Can you imagine the consequences of deleting all these accounts? :wink:

Trust me, spam is actually constant and not specific to Saturday morning, it just gets removed almost immediately during weekdays, as the forum is being watched almost constantly. But weekend is weekend...

In the beginning, we used to require that first user post must be approved by moderator; but this was causing too much confusion. Some even suggested we have strict censorship here :) I don't know, may be we should enable this feature again despite this?