Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
dpuckett
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Danny Puckett

Missing VMs

Post by dpuckett »

I recently installed Veeam Backup and Replication (FREE) for to backup some Hyper-V VMs.

I initially had a 2 node cluster set up and I have now added 2 more nodes. The problem I am seeing is Veeam software does not see any of the VMs on the last 2 nodes. I have tried removing and re-adding the cluster in the software but still it only sees VMS from 2 nodes.

Any suggestions or tips?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Missing VMs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What is the Hyper-V version installed on these nodes? The same as other two? Also did you try to install our latest update for Veeam backup server?
dpuckett
Novice

Post by dpuckett »

These are all newly loaded 21012R2 hosts. Exactly the same. The first 2 nodes were loaded 2 weeks ago and the other 2 last week.

What is the latest update? I just downloaded a couple weeks ago.

dpuckett
Novice

Post by dpuckett »

One more piece of info that may be related. The 2 nodes that are not showing their VMS were previously 2008R2 cluster nodes that was in Veeam for backup reasons. Once the node was cleared it was wiped and reloaded then added to new cluster. So same HOSTNAME and Hardware just new OS.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

This is the latest update, but you are running the same version of Hyper-V, then your current installation should behave the same for all hosts. Can you confirm that all Hyper-V services are up and running on these hosts? Do you see all VMs when connecting with a Hyper-V manager?
dpuckett
Novice

Post by dpuckett »

Yes sir. Everything is fine from a Hyper V manager and Failover Cluster manager perspective. If I migrate a VM to a host that Veeam and 'see' correctly and refresh in the software the VM pops in. I will try the update
dpuckett
Novice

Post by dpuckett »

The patch resolved the issue. All VMs now show up in Veeam software. Thanks for the assist.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it, thanks for letting us know about the resolution.