tekno
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter Vilagi

veeam one DB problem and HW monitoring

Post by tekno »

Hello
veeam 8.0 latest patch.

In new environment i have 1 vcenter and 1 hyper-v failover cluster (both 2 nodes with arround 10 vm's atm)

After 3 months i needed to remove and re-add hyper-v cluster to veeam one monitor cause it filled whole SQL express there (10GB) and this was the fastest way for me (as im not SQL guy) to clear the DB as it deleted all historical data.. Yesterday i rejoined the hyper-v cluster to veeam one. after one day, i have in tasks and events each minute logged 300 events from windows security logs
event id 5152,5157, 4670, 4611 source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
after one day db size raised from 400mb to 1,6GB

tables which used the most size before removing and adding cluster were :
Monitor.EventTag (before removing this had almost 8gb)
Monitor.Event (arround 3GB)

would it be possbile to have some filter to remove such events to be monitored as i dont need them, tried to find some exclusions, but only alarms, not task and events.

i will probably open an support case, just if there is not an quick fix. Lucky we are not yet in production so it is not in a hurry

second point is not so urgent, but ESX hosts (5.5 update 2) reporting HW sensors collection failure, even the account, which is used, is part of administrators group, CIM is running. Any idea to this aswell ? In vmware client (normal and web) the HW status is visible. using dell m630 blade HW in VRTX chasis as hosts
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: veeam one DB problem and HW monitoring

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Peter,

Regarding HV events, it`s not possible to filter out particular events in GUI. However technical support can help you with that. We are going to include it as a feature in future releases.

As for HW sensors collection failure, it was addressed in the first patch of v8.
Since you are contacting the support team, they can review your logs to find the issue.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: veeam one DB problem and HW monitoring

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Veeam ONE v9 has these Hyper-V events already filtered out, so it is worth upgrading.