Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: Internet access from Virtual Lab

Post by nefes »

Please try to open some web site from inside Virtual Lab.
Internet Proxy is http one, so pings are not supposed to work via it.
dragan.bodrozic
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dragan Bodrozic

Post by dragan.bodrozic »

@ foggy
Unfortunately support options will not be available for me a month or two until we renew license.

@nefes
Can't open web site from VM which is inside Virtual Lab, can ping Virtual Lab gateway (192.168.151.254) and other VMs in Virtual Lab (192.168.151.x). Is there a way how to diagnose the problem?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

dragan.bodrozic wrote:From Virtual lab appliance [...] I can ping any computer in production network but can't ping in isolated networks.
This looks unexpected. How do you ping them? Do you specify the interface to send pings through (by default they will go to production, I believe)?

I'd also check firewall settings on the guest VMs in the lab.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,
From isolated VM 192.168.151.235 I can ping proxy 192.168.151.254 and all isolated VM but can't ping google 8.8.8.8
From Virtual lab appliance (login as root) I can ping 8.8.8.8 and google.com (DNS works) I can ping any computer in production network but can't ping in isolated networks.
So you can ping proxy from any VM that is in isolated network, but cannot ping isolated VMs from your proxy? If correct then please check firewall rules (ports 80 and 443 forwarding) on your proxy appliance and check if icmp is blocked on your isolated VM's firewall.

Thank you.
dragan.bodrozic
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dragan Bodrozic

Post by dragan.bodrozic » 1 person likes this post

I solved the problem with this action: Virtual Lab - Proxy -> I removed the IP address of the production proxy (optional) Previously there was a IP address of my production proxy (ISA server).