Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
posandong
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: John Long

Can't install Endpoint backup on a 2012 R2 Domain Controller

Post by posandong »

I have successfully installed Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.1.2.119 on three member servers but can't get it to install on a domain controller. Each time I try, I get to the same point in the installation 'Starting Services' and each time it fails.

Code: Select all

[04.02.2016 09:21:05][INFO] Starting services...
[04.02.2016 09:21:05][INFO] Service name: VeeamEndpointBackupSvc
[04.02.2016 09:21:05][INFO] Service process: Not specified
[04.02.2016 09:21:05][INFO] Starting service...
[04.02.2016 09:26:05][ERROR] [InteractionMessage]Failed to start service ‘VeeamEndpointBackupSvc'. 
Click Retry to attempt to start the service again. Click Cancel to continue installation without starting the service.
If I attempt to start the service manually, I get this warning "The Veeam Endpoint Backup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Can't install Endpoint backup on a 2012 R2 Domain Contro

Post by PTide »

Hi,

What's specified in the "Log On As" column of VeeamEndpointBackupSvc? Please try to use Domain Admin account.

If that does not help please check this post. If no success then please use another Endpoint machine to submit a support case.

Thank you.
posandong
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: John Long

Post by posandong »

The Local Computer account was specified in the 'Log On' tab for the service, just as all the member servers that installed correctly. I changed it to use a service account with Domain Admin privileges but the installation still fails at the same point.
As for the post that you linked me to, I don't put much stock in a post that is labeled "Please note: this solution is considered to be obsolete".
So, I guess the next step is to open a support case.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Yes, kindly open a support case and do not forget to share the case ID. Thanks.