Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rstevenson
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ran Stevenson

Removing old computers

Post by rstevenson »

Good Morning, I'am having a issue with removing old end point computers from the End point backup task. The computers have been renamed and put back on the network but the task still tries to backup the old computer name. This is becoming a problem due to the amount of emails and the load on that server when the system keeps trying to back it up. I'm running 8.0.0.2030. I would also like to know how to set up the same end point back-up to only run one time a day even if it fails.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Removing Old computers

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Ram,
The computers have been renamed and put back on the network but the task still tries to backup the old computer name.
You need to erase the existing backup history completely to let it use the new host name instead of the old one.

Warning: After you complete the procedure described below the backup chain should be started from scratch. The previously created restore points are valid and can be used for recovery, however they won’t be erased automatically by retention logic, thus you have to clean them up manually.

1. Go to Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services. Stop the Veeam Endpoint Backup service.
2. Run regedit.exe and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup key. Create the following value under this key:

Name = Recreatedatabase
Type = DWORD
Value = 1

3. Start Veeam Endpoint Backup service
4. Allow some time for the new database instance to be created (5 minutes should be enough).
5. Stop Veeam Endpoint Backup service
6. Run regedit.exe and delete the Recreatedatabase value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup key.
8. Start Veeam Endpoint Backup service.
I would also like to know how to set up the same end point back-up to only run one time a day even if it fails.
You mean start a daily backup but disable the job retry logic?