Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
stevenfoo
Expert
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Steven Foo

Cannot find shared folder

Post by stevenfoo »

Hi,

We have a VEB installed on our one of physical win 2008 R2 SP1 server and disk the image iso and also full backup and incremental as well.

We tried to boot the iso disk, get the network settings right. We are able to ping to the DHCP ip of the bootable iso veeam recovery.

However when we tried to connect to the shared folder (SMB/CIFS) where the backup is (Step 3), we always get the message "the network path was not found". We tried both DNS and IP of shared folder. We cannot connect no matter what. Why this is happening? Thanks.

We are able to backup from the physical server to the shared folder without issue.

We are booting the iso image recovery into our vsphere 6 server to try to recovery it as VM server.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Cannot find shared folder

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Steven,

Did you try to type in the CIFS path manually with access credentials being entered? Thanks.
stevenfoo
Expert

Post by stevenfoo »

I am able to find it after configuration the network setting.

Managed to did the restore properly to a vm server created with the size and etc.

However I am getting BSOD while booting up? I already unchecked the inject driver during the network settings.

Does it be the restore MUST go to the same hardware only? Can't it be restore as a vsphere vm?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Steven,

Yes, restore to dissimilar hardware is supported. However, instead of BMR into the VMware infrastructure I'd recommend to use Veeam B&R export as virtual disk type of restore.

As for BSOD while booting please open a support case – guys may need to check you restore logs to understand what’s going on. Thanks.
stevenfoo
Expert

Post by stevenfoo »

We have tried to use B&R to export to virtual disk type of restore and re-used the disk. It still comes out as BSOD. Both ways also BSOD.

I used the bootble .iso rescue disk created for the particular server. It managed to restore, but boot into BSOD.
As for the export disk using B&R, there is no issue.

Whom is the person to contact for this case.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Steven,

You can open a support case directly thru the VEB Control Panel > Support > Technical support tab. Just do not forget to mention you are referring to the recovery issue and you have a different set of logs.