Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DFEX
Influencer
Liked: 5 times

Feature request with surebackup

Post by DFEX »

Hi there,

I love surebackup but am missing of a great feature: Running VMs with an older date than the last backup.
The point is (often): Upgrading Domaincontrollers + Exchangeserver. Somewhen in the future you want to check some settings on the old machines. You can run a surebackupjob with this machines - BUT they will be as on the last backup - which means that the DCs are no longer Domaincontrollers and the Exchangeserver is no longer a Domainmemberserver :((
So it would be nice, no GREAT to have the possibility to choose a "surebackupdate" where the DCs and Exchange where running nicely. As for exchange they need to have a DC it is not "fast and easy" to restore a complete VM as you have to set up a seperate network,...

This would help me a lot.
Thank you!

Dietmar
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: Feature request with surebackup

Post by nefes »

Have you tried "Start to" option?
Looks like it is the feature you are looking for.
DFEX
Influencer
Liked: 5 times

Re: Feature request with surebackup

Post by DFEX »

Wahoo - thanks nefes!
That's it!
I remeber that I had a supportcall with V7 with it and it did not work. So I have forgotten it. *shame on me*
And in the last time I still did not remember because, whilst creating a Surebackupjob you can run the job at the end - but there is no dropdown-feature to select the date/time like in "Start to".
Thank you very much for the tipp!
Furthermore it would be great to see the possible restorepoints on selection (as the surebackupjob will fail if you select an too old date) AND include also the available restorepoints from Tapes + a "Import-Tape-backup for Surebackup"-Feature.

Anyhow THANKS AGAIN!
Kind regards,

Dietmar