Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Morning Coffee Dashboard

Post by Cragdoo » 1 person likes this post

The morning coffee dashbaord is a great addition to the management pack, and I've been looking into ways to display this onto our NOC screens. We are currently using SquaredUp, cos you know SCOM us horrible at displaying metrics, so was wondering if the metrics within the morning coffee dashboard are for public consumption, or are the sealed as part of the management pack ?
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Morning Coffee Dashboard

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Craig,

I need to get more info about SquaredUp, we definitely would like to have more seamless integration of our data.

But with respect to metrics, they aren't rocket science:
  • Percentage of objects in each health state for each of the displayed classes (VMs, Hosts, Clusters, etc.). State Summary Report from our Veeam Report Library can show very similar picture. In fact you can drill down into it from the Infrastructure Summary Report.
  • Overall Resource usasge beased on Host metrics and Datastore metrics
Everything I mentioned is available out of the box, however aggregation is performed inside the widget, if SquaredUp can do the aggregation then similar report is totally possible.

We'll check how this can be done in SquaredUp, they are developing very interesting and convenient product and we are definitely looking forward to have better ways of integrating our data with their UI.