Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
jmcarlin
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jerry Carlin

Ubuntu Hyper-V backups

Post by jmcarlin »

Microsoft has specific recommendations for installing add-ons for Ubuntu on Hyper-V to enable backups. We're now trialing the backup package and would like feedback if this applies to VEEAM or not

VSS Snapshot daemon – This daemon is required to create live Linux virtual machine backups.
KVP daemon – This daemon allows setting and querying intrinsic and extrinsic key value pairs.
fcopy daemon – This daemon implements a file copying service between the host and guest

apt-get install --install-recommends linux-virtual-lts-wily

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/d ... 2147217396
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Ubuntu Hyper-V backups

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hello Jerry, basically first two add-ons are required, so I guess unless they are included in Integration Tools, you need to install them manually, as advised in the mentioned article.
jmcarlin
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jerry Carlin

Post by jmcarlin »

Thanks. That answer gets me most of the way there. Are these "Integration Tools" downloadable or come with the package? I don't see the linux-virtual-lts-wily package on the linux hosts. I did look at https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-does-a-h ... veeam.html but that does not answer my questions.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
Are these "Integration Tools" downloadable or come with the package?
You can either download them from Microsoft or use the package that is already included.

Thank you.