Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Geroge
Lurker
Liked: never

Exchange Restore

Post by Geroge »

Hi,
I've read a lot over exchange item recovery and tested it.
It works quite fine, but restoring a complete public-folder was painfully slow. (10h store size = 6 GB Exchange 2013 )
Is there another method to restore a complete database (mailbox or public folder)?

And how to make a disaster recovery if a mailbox / cas-hub server needs to be newly installed because of an crash?
Normally I would install the OS, install patches, and Exchange with “Setup /m:RecoverServer“.
Is it possible to restore the complete VM? Or what do I have to do in this two scenarios?

Are these scenarios described anywhere?

Thanks in advanced
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Exchange Restore

Post by Gostev »

Geroge wrote:It works quite fine, but restoring a complete public-folder was painfully slow. (10h store size = 6 GB Exchange 2013 )
This is not normal. What is the support case ID for this issue?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Exchange Restore

Post by foggy »

Geroge wrote:It works quite fine, but restoring a complete public-folder was painfully slow. (10h store size = 6 GB Exchange 2013 )
A closer look at your infrastructure is required to define the reasons of such performance.
Geroge wrote:Is there another method to restore a complete database (mailbox or public folder)?
The entire database can also be restored via file-level restore option.
Geroge wrote:And how to make a disaster recovery if a mailbox / cas-hub server needs to be newly installed because of an crash?
Normally I would install the OS, install patches, and Exchange with “Setup /m:RecoverServer“.
Is it possible to restore the complete VM? Or what do I have to do in this two scenarios?
If there's no DAG in question, you can simply perform a full VM recovery.