Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
NashBrydges
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

No objects to process - VM backups fail

Post by NashBrydges »

Hi All,

I'm running Veeam B&R v9 latest update in a VM on Win server 2012 r2. I've added 2 Hyper-V standalone servers to the infrastructure as well as a single repository. I can run the backup on the smaller host with 6 VMs totalling about 100GB VHDs but when I try to run the backup for the second Hyper-V host, I get the "no objects to process" error. There are 2 VMs on this second host with one of them being a file server with 27TB of data. My repository has >36TB free space so that's not the problem. I was able to successfully add the VMs when I built the backup job without any problem so password is good but just to be safe, I re-entered the host password. I've deleted and recreated the job a half dozen times and always the same issue.

Any thoughts on where to go next?

I have standalone Hyper-V hosts, no clustered volumes, should be a simple job considering the other host works perfectly.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: No objects to process - VM backups fail

Post by Shestakov »

Hi,
Have you just created the job or it worked with another hosts/VMs?
I would also try to add the whole host to backup objects as a workaround.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Usually this error "no objects to process" error" indicates that there was an issue with retrieving host VMs topology. Can you ping this host from the backup server? Also run a rescan job and try again backing up these VMs.
-=MACROS=-
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Rodion Fedin

Post by -=MACROS=- »

Hi,

How you add vServer in your Backup Job, by selecting vServer manualy or using tagging?

Whats about HI (Host Integration Tools) are they up to date?