Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

File to Tape Not Working After v9 U1

Post by JaxIsland7575 » 1 person likes this post

I updated to v9 U1 this morning, and now my File to Tape jobs cannot connect to the file share path to backup the folders. Has anyone else seen this on the update?

When I go into the job properties and see the list of paths on the set credentials page it says: "Cannot read one or more backup files."

I have tried multiple admin accounts including the one that worked yesterday before the update but the same error continues.

Case ID: 01742098

Thanks, I am kind of dead in the water here trying to get all these tape jobs working again!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: File to Tape Not Working After v9 U1

Post by Dima P. »

Ryan,

Have you tried to create a new File to tape job with the same settings? I’ll pass your case directly to QA – we will investigate.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Yes a brand new job has the same result.
I called into support and they said because I couldn't map to the destination folder it was preventing the job from running. I removed all mapped drives and was able to map the drive to the destination.
I have tried the job using the DNS name as well as the IP to get to the share with the same results.
I just setup a new job with only a single path and it worked, I added a second path and it failed with that cannot read one or more backup files.
Any help I can get would be great, everybody starts getting nervous when backups stop going offsite!

Cheers!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

File to tape was previously pointed to multiple mapped drives, right? Now the job with only one file path (UNC path to the share I assume) as a source works and when you add another sources it starts to fail with the same error?
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

The jobs are all setup with the full path. \\server\path
I never setup a mapped drive for any of them. One of my steps was to create a new File to Tape job and add the paths one by one. But I realize all the paths work alone. It's adding a second path is when it fails.
All the File to tape are pointed at the same server path just different sub folders.

Thanks!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Got it. I passed all the details to the QA and DEV teams will follow up as soon as I get anything.
olivioa
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andre Olivio

Post by olivioa »

Hi Guys!

I have same problem!

my job to copy files to tape no longer works after the patch v9 u1, and all the time the Veeam lock my VCB user that authenticates the storage to get the files !!
JaxIsland7575
Veteran

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

That is a good point my user that was configured for the job continually gets locked in AD as well.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Based on QA investigation, the current behaviour (files to tape job failure in case of multiple shares or multiple share paths selected as a job source) looks like a bug.

The hotfix has been already created and is being tested at the moment. You should get it as soon as it's available.

Thanks.
JeWe
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Post by JeWe »

Hi,

same problem (not sure whether it is the same problem) here.

Weekly tape backup jobs fail with:

Code: Select all

Task \\readynas\vm\Backup Copy VMs HV01\Backup Copy VMs HV012016-03-28T030000.vib failed. Error: Zugriff verweigert Problem with CreateFile in '\\.\Tape0' --tr:Error code: 0x00000005 Zugriff verweigert Problem with CreateFile in '\\.\Tape0' 
[HS-HyperV02.domain.com] [TapeService] Failed to Get media info Zugriff verweigert Problem with CreateFile in '\\.\Tape0' --tr:Error code: 0x00000005 Zugriff verweigert Problem with CreateFile in '\\.\Tape0' Zugriff verweigert Problem with CreateFile in '\\.\Tape0' --tr:Error code: 0x00000005
What's odd: If I start the job anew, it succeeds in 90%, in rare cases it fails again.

Can't edit the job because when listing the paths, I get "Cannot read one or more backup files.". Same, if I create a new job.

Worked all before in V8.

Regards
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Just to confirm - are you also using multiple UNC paths? I'm wondering because the reported issue looks similar to this one, rather to the one discussed in this thread.

Anyway, it's certainly worth opening a support ticket in order to resolve the issue faster.

Thanks.
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

Post by sandsturm »

Is the hotfix already available? I have the same problem in my infrastructure.

thx a lot
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Correct. The hotfix has been shared with support team. In order to get it ,kindly, open your own ticket and refer to the case number 01742098. Thanks.
olivioa
Novice
Full Name: Andre Olivio

Post by olivioa »

My case 01755755.. same problem.
Thanks for help.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

As mentioned above, make a reference to the case number of which I provided; this should help you to speed up the process. Thanks.
Adonis
Novice
Full Name: Adonis

Post by Adonis »

Same issue in here

veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Hi, Adonis,

Kindly, refer to the case 01742098 in order to get a hot fix.

Thanks.
DaStivi
Service Provider
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Stephan Lang

Post by DaStivi »

same issue here, cannot backup 2 UNC paths in one job...

interestingly i had managed to add the 2nd source without any credential question... backup failed, of course.. after reediting the job i got the credential box and than i got the "cannot read...." error message...

created a new job just entered the unc path source, configured the credentials and backup is working...
i've opened a case and refered to case 01742098 , waiting for response/hotfix now.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Based on our tests and experience of users having implemented it already, the hot fix should work smoothly. Feel free to share your results, once you've implemented it. Thanks.
pmansfield
Enthusiast

Post by pmansfield »

I've run into the same problem, and will open a support case for the hotfix shortly. If an update is due soon that will have the hotfix integrated, then I can wait for a little while rather than apply the hotfix.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

We've started already distributing Update 2 within existing support cases. So, feel free to ask your support engineer about it. Thanks.