Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
elwood
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Eliot Wood

Evaluating storage latency change?

Post by elwood »

Can anyone advise me what the message : Resource not ready: Evaluating storage latency change relates to? I can find no documentation on this.

I'm experiencing sudden source storage problems, have been seeing Source 99% bottlenecks and several backups queued up with Resource not ready: Backup Repository and all at 0%
I have determined that there seems to be nothing wrong with the repository, and it's set for a suitable number of concurrent jobs (albeit couldn't cope with the number that was eventually queued up).
Jobs are taking a lot longer to complete, although the proxies all appear to be fine.

I'm wondering if 'evaluating storage latency change' can give any clues as to the nature of the problem if anyone knows it's meaning?

Thanks in advance!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Evaluating storage latency change?

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Does that happen to all jobs or just to some of them? Also have you noticed VM performance decrease while the job is running?

Thanks
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

This message means that other VM backup is starting, and product does not know how will it affect datastore latency.
So you have latency control enabled, and probably there's something wrong with your production datastore latency.
You may want to check whether value specified in latency control is valid (if there's too small value there, it will slow down all jobs, like you see now).
If it is fine, it is worth checking production datastore latency, probably something loads it more than before.
elwood
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Eliot Wood

Post by elwood »

Ahh now that's very possible. I have several large VMs which can hit the datastores quite hard. Because I use DRS and cannot predict which datastores they may reside on, I don't use custom thresholds for latency on the datastores but use global settings.
I will go through VeeamOne and see if I can spot anything obvious.
It was also the Resource not ready: Backup Repository that threw me - I can't see why the repo would report not ready if the source / read is the problem.