Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dekkar
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nathan Tong

Backing up Exchange 2010 Edge server

Post by dekkar »

Hello, I have an Exchange server (virtual) that is sitting outside of my Domain. Im currently having a problem backing it up with the Veeam VSS integration enabled.

I presume it is because the user that has access to the lun and vsphere, is a domain user, whcih has no access to the OS on the VM.

Veeam shows the following error:

Creating snapshot VssGAConn: Failed to connect. Errors: "Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [192.168.50.50]. Account: [domain\vmware]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [192.168.50.51]. Account: [domain\vmware]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 "

How do I give the vmware user access to the administrative share?

Thanks,
Nathan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backing up Exchange 2010 Edge server

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Nathan,

Please specify any local user who is a member of Local Administrator's group on this Exchange server in the advanced job settings for Veeam VSS integration, that's all what you need to do to get it work.
dekkar
Enthusiast

Post by dekkar »

Hmmm Ok if thats all taht is needed, I will go over the settings and confirm passwords etc etc.

Thanks,
Nathan
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Post by Bunce »

Do you have a firewall in between? Or is it sitting on TMG for example? You'll need to allow the required ports through also..
dekkar
Enthusiast

Post by dekkar »

The password was incorrect, which is why I got the above error, but now I am getting the below error:

Creating snapshot VssGAConn: Failed to connect. Errors: "Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [192.168.50.50]. Account: [edge\administrator]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [192.168.50.51]. Account: [edge\administrator]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 "

edge\administrator is a local user on the VM I'm trying to backup, which wouldnt have access to anything vSphere.

I can create snapshots manually via vSphere, so I dont think its a problem there.

Thanks,
Nathan
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Nathan,

There are several existing topics with solutions to this problem. Please use forum search of follow the link: win32 error the network path was not found. Thanks!