Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
brownie79
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Brown

Graphs have no data

Post by brownie79 »

I'm currently trialling Veeam monitor and have it pointing at my VC server. I have it in Typical scalability mode.

When I have selected my VC server, or any data centres below it, I have no data in the Overall, Top VM's, Top Hosts or Lowest Load graphs. The CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap are all OK, as are any of the lower level graphs that I look at.

Any ideas what could be causing this, as I can't put a case forward to purchase this if these feature can't be made to work.

Daniel
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Graphs have no data

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Daniel,

That's weird, I have never seen that issue before, so could you please send us the screeshots of your tabs - with and without data, also we need to see all the logs from:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware
C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware

USER - that runs the UI

You can zip those logs and send them with the screenshots to support@veeam.com, so we could assist you in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you!
joanneva
Lurker

Post by joanneva »

Any fix to this?

I am having the same problem.

Before I used a vCenter Server I just listed each ESXi host individually and did not have this problem

Now that I point the Monitor to the VC instead - I have also lost all my Top VM/Hosts data.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello, I would recommend you to refer to our support team directly and provide us with all log files and the screenshots for troubleshooting this technical issue. Thanks!
badger
Lurker
Full Name: badger

Post by badger »

Same problem here, "No data available"

Running Veeam Monitor 5.0.0.261. VirtualCenter 4.1.0, 258902, ESXi 4.1.0, 260247
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Jared,

Could you please tell if you have any data in the Veeam Monitor client? Do you have any error messages on the vCenter Server connection on the left pane? Besides, how long have you been running Veeam Monitor?

Basically, what monitor does in the beginning of its collection job is past performance data import, which may take from several minutes up to several hours depending on the size of your infrastructure. Could you please tell if you see any progress bar on the top pane of the Monitor while standing on any host or any other virtual object?

Thank you!
s_aldinger
Novice
Full Name: Scott Aldinger

Post by s_aldinger »

Has there been a resolution to this yet?
I'm suffering from nearly the same thing. The network, and swap usage has an empty graph up in the overall, but graph correctly in their own tab for 2 out of 6 machines. In the other 4 (in a cluster) are just missing the network usage,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Scott, could you please check if you have the performance data (network/swap) for the rest 4 VMs in the vSphere Client?
s_aldinger
Novice

Post by s_aldinger »

Good call! I had overlooked that, as I normally keep it in the advanced view.

What is missing in the Veeam monitor reporting is also missing in the vSphere Client.
Obviously this is an issue with VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices or related service.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well....it could be, but is there anything in common between those VMs? I know that you won't see swap and network usage for powered off VMs... I doubt that this is the case, but anyway...the data seems to be missing in the vCenter Serever database, that explains why you cannot see it in Veeam Monitor as well.

I would also check if there is any data while connecting to the ESX(i) host directly via vSphere Client.
albertwt
Veeam Legend
Liked: 46 times

Post by albertwt »

Yes, make sure that the account that is used for registering the VCenter is the same as for your Vcenter login.
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
s_aldinger
Novice

Post by s_aldinger »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Well....it could be, but is there anything in common between those VMs? I know that you won't see swap and network usage for powered off VMs... I doubt that this is the case, but anyway...the data seems to be missing in the vCenter Serever database, that explains why you cannot see it in Veeam Monitor as well.

I would also check if there is any data while connecting to the ESX(i) host directly via vSphere Client.
Sorry I should have been more specific. All the VMs show up correctly, it is the Hosts that do not.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well, the same here. If I were you I would look through the ESX hosts' log files to see the reason why the performance data (network and swap) is missing from vCenter Server database. Besides, could you tell me please if you have both real-time and past performance data missing in the vSphere Client?
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Can you tell how long the graphs have been missing data in vCenter? Have you recently (or not so recently if the data's been missing a while) performed any upgrades of vCenter? We seem to loose graphs after every major vCenter upgrade and recently lost our graphs again after the 4.0 -> 4.1 upgrade process (which also included moving to 64-bit hardware).

I had to following the procedure at http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micros ... 0120826109 to get graphs working again (even though that note says it's for 4.0 and I was going to 4.1). The steps did work and graphs have worked fine ever since.

With some of the previous upgrades (2.5 -> 4.0) we only lost graphs for some hosts, while others continued to work fine and we had to follow different procedures (also in the VMware KB).

Might not be anything related to your issue at all, but just thought I'd throw it out there.