Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MSAdii
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: MSAdii

Entire Computer Backup failed?

Post by MSAdii »

Hi,

I'm trying to backup physical server 2008 R2 with Entire computer backup option but it gives me following error:

Unable to backup the entire computer: some disk controllers return invalid disk state. Try using volume level backup or file level backup instead.

Then i backed up this server using Volume level backup and selected all volumes for bare-metal recovery. I hope using this option will not have any issue with bare-metal recovery right?

Any idea of that error? what causing it and how to fix? if possible.

One another question is, do i need to create recovery media for each of my physical server to recover it from it's own recovery media or i just can use one recovery media to recover any server?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Entire Computer Backup failed?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello MSAdii,

Might be related to your RAID configuration – better check it with the support team. Yes volume level backup is supported for Bare Metal Restore.
do i need to create recovery media for each of my physical server to recover it from it's own recovery media or i just can use one recovery media to recover any server?
It's recommended to have the recovery media created under the same machine you are going to restore due the difference in hardware configuration and operating systems. You may have one recovery media for all your Windows 2008R2 server installations but then you should have all the drivers close to this recovery disk.
MSAdii
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: MSAdii

Post by MSAdii »

ok thanks.

When i click on configure backup after already scheduled backup, does it update existing schedule? right?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Correct.