Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
afokkema
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Arne Fokkema

Unable to mount vPower NFS volume

Post by afokkema »

I am testing the Instant restore feature of Veeam B&R v5 with vPower. But at the stage where the NFS share needs to be mounted at the vSphere host it fails.

These are some lines from the vmkernel:

Oct 25 12:11:48 esx vmkernel: 9:01:27:00.710 cpu0:4107)NFS: 107: Command: (mount) Server: (veeam02) IP: (1.1.1.2) Path: (/VeeamBackup_VEEAM02) Label: (VeeamBackup_VEEAM02) Options: (None)
Oct 25 12:12:19 esx vmkernel: 9:01:27:31.688 cpu0:4107)WARNING: NFS: 905: RPC error 13 (RPC was aborted due to timeout) trying to get port for Mount Program (100005) Version (3) Protocol (TCP) on Server (1.1.1.2)
Oct 25 12:12:21 esx vmkernel: 9:01:27:33.755 cpu3:4107)NFS: 107: Command: (mount) Server: (1.1.1.2) IP: (1.1.1.2) Path: (/VeeamBackup_VEEAM02) Label: (VeeamBackup_VEEAM02) Options: (None)
Oct 25 12:12:52 esx vmkernel: 9:01:28:04.709 cpu2:4107)WARNING: NFS: 905: RPC error 13 (RPC was aborted due to timeout) trying to get port for Mount Program (100005) Version (3) Protocol (TCP) on Server (1.1.1.2)

I am running Veeam Backup on a Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 32-Bit.

who can help me out?
Alexey D.

Re: Unable to mount vPower NFS volume

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello, for any technical issues please open support case directly with our support and provide full logs, as explained when you click New Topic. Thank you.
starfire2000
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yaron Zarfati

Post by starfire2000 »

afokkema, got an answer on this issue ?
the same problem here...
thanks in advance !
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

ESX(i) had no vmKernel on network with Veeam Backup server, so it could not connect to NFS storage.
mpollard
Novice
Full Name: Michael Pollard

Post by mpollard »

My backup server running veeam 5.02 Ent is on a different subnet to my main production environment. It is essentially my DR site. Does that mean I cannot use surebackup at all.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you have configured routing between these subnets, then SureBackup will work just fine.
mpollard
Novice
Full Name: Michael Pollard

Post by mpollard »

Hi Are you talkling about configuring routing through the Network setting of the Virtual Lab Wizard? Plus do you know what are the isolated and access ip's under the static mapping section of the virtual lab wizard?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mpollard wrote:Are you talkling about configuring routing through the Network setting of the Virtual Lab Wizard?
No, I'm referring to routing configuration in your IT environment.
mpollard wrote:Plus do you know what are the isolated and access ip's under the static mapping section of the virtual lab wizard?
Please take a look at this blog post and our User Guide (pages 115-122) for detailed information on that. Hope this helps!
lillebi
Influencer
Full Name: Brian Kristensen

Restore guest files (other OS) failed with Unable to mount v

Post by lillebi »

[merged]

When I try to restore single files from a Linux server I receive the following error message:
Failed to connect backup datastore to the ESX host
……..
Unable to mount vPower NFS volume

Does anyone know what is causing this?
Pkaer
Novice
Full Name: Pkaerlagad

Post by Pkaer »

@lillebi,

I had the same.
In the Vsphere Client, the Datastore for VeeamBackup was grey and italic for each host storage configuration.
To work arround the issue, in the storage configuration of each host , I've remade the VeeamBackup NFS Datastore definition with exactly the same parameters (Host & directory). Afterwards and refresh, the VeeamBackup Datastore stop to be in grey and Italic and I success to restore single files from Linux server with FLR.

Soory for my poor english and hope you'll understand :D
PK
frank412
Novice

Mounting vPower NFS datastore Error

Post by frank412 »

[merged]

Hi Guys! Need help here...

I’ve had a Veeam Backup and Replication Demo with my client and we’ve encountered this error “Mounting vPower NFS datastore Error: Unable to mount vPower NFS volume” during creation of Surebackup Proxy. Is there any problem with the Infra setup considering below information? FYI, Veeam Server and Hypervisors are on different Subnet. We’ve managed to Backup some of the VMs without a problem but when it comes to Surebackup Proxy creation and Instant Restore we’ve had the said error.

Please consider below information for reference.

IT Infrastructure

Physical(Servers, Workstations, etc..)
  • # Subnet: 10.1.1.0
  • # VEEAM SERVER (IP:10.1.1.37)
  • # VEEAM BACKUP REPOSITORY (IP:10.1.1.141)
Virtual(including Host)
  • # Subnet: 192.168.0.0
  • # ESX 4.1.0 Host (IP:192.168.0.221)
    • * vNetwork
      • @ vSwitch 1 - Production (VM Port Group and Management Console)
        • + Management Console: 192.168.0.221 (Ping-able in Veeam Server)
        • + 1st NIC 1 Gb Port (Physical)
      • @ vSwitch 2 – Test/Dev (VM Port Group and VMKernel)
        • + VMKernel : 192.168.0.77 (Request time-out when ping in Veeam Server)
        • + 2nd NIC 1Gb Port (Physical)
        • + (We’re supposed to deploy Surebackup proxy in this vSwitch since the client don’t want to install VMKernel on vSwitch 1, however, during Surebackup creation, upon clicking finish the said error occurred)
FYI, for the time being we can only use Host 3(.221) for Demo. I would also assume that this problem is due to different subnet of Veeam and Hypervisor. Please advice guys.

Thanks,

Frank