PowerShell script exchange
ArcaneGlyph
Novice
Liked: never

Exchange 2013 Planned Fail Over Script

Post by ArcaneGlyph »

I've been trying to make a pre and post job script that would planned fail our exchange 2013 primary server over to the secondary and then back to the primary so that I can backup the passive node.

Could someone help a frustrated IT guy out?

For the curious.. we get too much noise in our vmware setup backing up the primary which is causing an unplanned fail, which is causing too much unpredictable service. Backing up the secondary will have the same backup results with none of the instability effecting our primary server.

Thanks all!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Exchange 2013 Planned Fail Over Script

Post by veremin »

I'm wondering whether you're meaning VB&R planned failover or Exchange failover between passive and active nodes (DAG). Thanks.
ArcaneGlyph
Novice
Liked: never

Post by ArcaneGlyph »

Sorry about not being clear. I mean the switchover for the exchange DAG so I can backup the passive node. My VM environment stuns the primary too hard and long for me to back it up. I've been through all the docs and work arounds. My last hope is to gracefully push the DAG around and backup the passive.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Might be a stupid question - but what you don't want to backup a passive node at the first place (as we usually recommend)?

In regards to PS switchover commands, this one seems to be what you're looking for.

Thanks.