Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pmalinov
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Issues Installing & Configuring Search Server

Post by pmalinov »

We already have Search Server Express installed on our SharePoint server, and I wanted to direct VEEAM to it in order to setup the Search capabilities for FLR, but something doesnt work as expected.

I follow the instructions from the user guide but I get this error message from Veeam Ent Mgr: "Failed to make a test crawl. Check that the Default Content Access Account has access to this content or add a crawl rule to crawl this content"

Will VEEAM Search work with existing Search Server Exrpess that is being used by SharePoint?
BTW I used the domain admin account for authentication that is also used in Search Server Express and SharePoint

All help appreciated.
Thanks
pmalinov
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Re: Issues Installing & Configuring Search Server

Post by pmalinov »

EDIT: I found a way around it. Changed the default Content Access Account in SP/Search Server and that did the trick.

In case you need to do that here is how you do that:
Verify that the user account that is performing this procedure is a service application administrator for the Search service application for which you want to change the default content access account.

On the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration Web site, in the Application Management section, click Manage service applications.

On the Manage Service Applications page, click the Search service application for which you want to change the default content access accont.

On the Search Service Application: Search Administration page, in the System Status section, locate the default content access account, which is in the form Domain\UserName.

Click the default content access account name. The Default Content Access Account dialog box appears.

Type the new domain user account information into the Account box and the password into the Password box, and then click OK.
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Post by joergr »

I think it would have been sufficient if you had just added the crawling user (which can be got from and is displayed in sharepoint central administration / search administration) to the catalog share and the catalog ntfs permissions. That did the trick for me last week ;-)

Best regards,
Joerg
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

joergr wrote:I think it would have been sufficient if you had just added the crawling user (which can be got from and is displayed in sharepoint central administration / search administration) to the catalog share and the catalog ntfs permissions. That did the trick for me last week ;-)
OK, did you guess it, or did you actually read the search server installation procedure in the Release Notes document that I wrote? ;)
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Post by joergr »

I read your instructions Anton ;-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

oki good to have confirmation that I did not spend that day writing release notes for nothing ;)