Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jpaul
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Paul

Replication Issue with 4.1.2

Post by jpaul »

I just got my VM copied on to the remote site's SAN today and tried to start up the replication job on the source side and am getting this error.

Checking destination
PrepStorageForWrite failed
Client error: Can not retrieve requested properties.
Soap fault. The object has already been deleted or has not been completely createdDetail: '<ManagedObjectNotFoundFault xmlns="urn:internalvim25" xsi:type="ManagedObjectNotFound"><obj type="Datastore">4cc58eed-45ad515d-fc51-005056a24382</obj></ManagedObjectNotFoundFault>', endpoint: ''
Failed to open NFC storage [nfc://conn:192.168.225.35,nfchost:ha-host,stg:4cc58eed-45ad515d-fc51-005056a24382@VeeamBackup/printserver(vm-242)/replica.vbk] for read/write access

i created a VM and didnt install any OS in it... but had it replicate and it worked fine... i think its a problem with how the Seed was uploaded to the remote site... any help would be appreciated. and let me know if you need any other details
jpaul
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Paul

Re: Replication Issue with 4.1.2

Post by jpaul »

After more investigation i think i know what the problem is... but im not sure what the easiest way to fix this is.

We had to delete the iSCSI target because it was not large enough (limitation on he SAN) and then we created a new lun which was larger and mounted it up to ESXi with the same datastore name.... however it looks like the UUID changed and the replica job is looking for the old one.
which was 4cc58eed-45ad515d-fc51-005056a24382

is there anyway to fix this ? i tired sym linking that old one to the new one but didnt have any luck... im sure that deleting the replica job and recreating the seed is the easiest ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication Issue with 4.1.2

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Justin,

Could you please clarify if your new LUN has the same name as a previous one, which you've removed? If I were you I would try to click Change Destination button and choose the datastore you've created recently and re-started the job, might be worth trying.

If it doesn't help, please "re-seed" your VM once again.

Thanks!