Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Fenikas
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kenny Placido

replicate physical server to physical server

Post by Fenikas »

Hello,

Im new on the forum. I have had Veeam for a year and it has been great. Im in the process of doing my DR and using replication with Veeam has saved me alot of time. I have 2 physcial servers that need to be replicated to another DR server, but i dont know if veeam can do that. Is it true? If not, are there any cheap or free software that can do this?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: replicate physical server to physical server

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Currently Veeam does not provide physical host replication function. Do you really need to replicate the whole server, or just some apps?

Thank you.
Fenikas
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kenny Placido

Post by Fenikas »

It would the whole server. It has our SQL 2008 database. The os is 2008 R2
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Post by jmmarton »

One thing you can do once we release our new Agent for Microsoft Windows is to use the server edition of it to backup your physical SQL server, including periodic transaction log backups. Then you could easily spin up a replacement SQL server either as a VM or a separate physical box and restore the database in the event of a disaster to that replacement server.

Joe
sanjaykrk
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sanjay kumar

Post by sanjaykrk »

Kenny
Fenikas wrote:Im new on the forum. I have had Veeam for a year and it has been great. Im in the process of doing my DR and using replication with Veeam has saved me alot of time. I have 2 physcial servers that need to be replicated to another DR server, but i dont know if veeam can do that. Is it true? If not, are there any cheap or free software that can do this?
Not exactly a physical server replication, but depeending on your requirement, as an alternative you can look at Veeam Endpoint backup Free which is solution for backing up physical servers to a backup repository
https://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free.html