Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
SergeyRG
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sergey Gilmanov

Start replication job after backup copy job?

Post by SergeyRG »

Hello!

Our company is migrating to VBR standart now. I can't undestand is there a way to start replication job right after backup copy job finished?

To minimize impact on production environment i want to do replicas from backups. I make special backup job to local repositary for that . Right after buckup job finished starting backup copy job to remote repository over a slow connection. I want to start replication job right after backup copy job finished. Is that possible?

If i schedule to do replication job continuously, than every few second i receive warnings on email that there is no up to date backups on repository.

Need some advice. Sorry for my english.
Thank you!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Start replication job after backup copy job?

Post by foggy »

Sergey, currently you cannot schedule replication to start right after backup copy finishes its cycle, however, is it actually required? Am I understanding right that you're after doing backup copy/replication daily? Then scheduling replication to run daily at some time after backup copy typically completes should be fine. Even if replication takes longer for some reason, it will not break the backup copy, since it doesn't need to write into the previous increment file.
SergeyRG
Novice

Post by SergeyRG »

Hello, thank you for reply!
No, i want to replicate several most important VMs every 3 hours during a day. Now i make settings as you suggest, but i'm affraid that backup and backup copy jobs will continue different period from time to time. I just realized that i can try to run replication job with post script of backup copy job. Am i right?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

SergeyRG
Novice

Post by SergeyRG »

Thanks!!