Laserpaper
Novice
Liked: never

Numerous Veeam restores at one time?

Post by Laserpaper »

Hi,

Product Using: Veeam Backup and Replication V5
Restored Servers: Various mixture of Win2K3 and Win2K8
Problem: I am working on a DR project at the moment and have restored a number of Veeam images from tape to another location on a VM Machine, What i need to do now is restore these restored images to another ESX Server. At present I am only able to run one restore at a time. This is obviously not idea as in an actual DR the restores will have to be completed ASAP

Is there anyway I can run more than one restore at one time. The veeam images have been backed up seperately so they files are all indiviual and are placed in individual folders so shouldn't be locked or linked together (as it where together).

Please let me know if any of the above makes no sense or if anymore information is required.

Cheers
LP
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Numerous Veeam restores at one time?

Post by tsightler »

Why are you unable to run more than one restore? While it's true that you can perform multiple restores from a single wizard you can certainly run multiple restores at the same time. Once one restore starts just start the restore wizard again for the next one. I've had as many as 6 restores running at the same time.
Laserpaper
Novice

Post by Laserpaper »

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

When I try and click into the wizard when a Restore Session is running I am unable to. It is like the restore window is locking access to the wizard.

In the past I have had at least three restores going at once and I wondered if there was now a setting in V5 that you had to select.

Thanks
LP
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Just close the restore session window? You can open it from Restore > Sessions at any time later, if needed.
Laserpaper
Novice

Post by Laserpaper »

Thank you so much. Very Very Simple when you know how.
efrats
Lurker
Full Name: Seth Efrat

Post by efrats »

It would be a great feature simply to click on the backup set, and restore as many or, if not all VM's at the same time..