Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mkaec
Veteran
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: Marc K

Specify at least one email address

Post by mkaec »

The jobs I set up prior to B&R 9.5 have the following options set in Storage > Advanced > Notifications:

Send email notifications to the following recipients: Checked, no email address specified
Use global notification settings: Checked

The goal of this is that the job would send emails, but only to the recipient set in the global options. Now in 9.5 when I try to save the job, I get an error "Specify at least one email address". In earlier versions, I did not get this error and was able to save the job.

Was this combination of settings always invalid in the older versions and the application just wasn't telling me? I was getting emails when jobs failed or generated warnings. Will I still get those notifications if I uncheck "Send email notifications to the following recipients"?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Specify at least one email address

Post by foggy »

mkaec wrote:Will I still get those notifications if I uncheck "Send email notifications to the following recipients"?
No, you have to enable job-level notifications and specify the required e-mail addresses.
mkaec
Veteran
Liked: 133 times
Full Name: Marc K

Post by mkaec »

I had some jobs fail over the weekend and I did get the notifications I wanted about them. So, it looks like I previously misunderstood the job-level notification settings in the older releases.
omerlin98000
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Olivier Merlin

Post by omerlin98000 »

Hello all.
I have the same "problem": in previous versions, I only had to set global notifications, all my jobs sent mail to the global email address.
With version 9.5, if I edit any of my jobs, I found that "send email" is checked, the field below is empty, and the radio button is on "use global...".
But as mkaec mentioned, you have now to specify an email address which, in my memory, was not the case in 9.0 and previous.
So it seems now that you cannot set any global email address through "use global notification" with 9.5, you have to set it on EACH job (and so, I have to modify all my jobs since).
Am I right?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You seem to be right, indeed. I don't have 9.0 console at hand, so cannot double check whether it's been always like that. Thanks.